The Sunshine Blogger Award is one of the best ways to learn more about other Christian bloggers who strive to write spiritually encouraging and beneficial content for all of us. The sunshine blogger award is not an official award, it’s just as important because it really reflects the good impact we can have on other people’s lives. (Statements were cited from nominators’ blogs)
Thanks to Big brother Matt @ https://jesusluvsall.wordpress.com/ Ms. Sharima @ https://idealinspiration.blog/ Ms. Herry @ https://herrychiccounsels.com/ for nominating the Christian Mommas blog.
The sunshine blogger award rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their post
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions
11 questions by Herry
- How did get started blogging? With the support of my spouse, I started blogging privately about my motherhood experiences. It was easy to get started because I was a stay-at-home mom.
- Other than Jesus what Biblical “character” would you most like to spend time with? Sarah. I want to know what it was like being Abraham’s wife. I wonder what she was thinking while waiting for a child.
- How many places have you lived? 5 countries (Nigeria, USA, Germany, Romania, Switzerland)
- Where/How do you blog (ie home office on PC, in my recliner on lap top)?. I use my laptop or phone. Anywhere in the house or in the car.
- How has your life changed since you stared blogging? Yes, I no longer feel sad about not having time for mission trips. This blog reaches people in places my feet may never tread.
- If you had zero subscribers, would you still blog? Yes. Having readers is good, having subscribers is better.
- Do you attend a small, medium or large church? small to medium.
- Why did you choose that particular congregation? Love lives there. God’s word is preached without compromise.
- How long have you been a Christ follower? about 27 years.
- What is your favorite holiday & why? Christmas. Everyone becomes more aware of God and family during the Christmas holiday. The atmosphere of love, kindness, and all is good.
- Other than blogging are you involved in any other ministry? Children ministry and street outreach. My job has become a ministry. I pray for my clients and their families.
My 11 Nominees (No obligation to participate)
I have selected some of my favorite posts on sex, parenting, motherhood, friendship and more written by my nominees. Please read them all, you will not be disappointed!
Robin- Why I did not Wait
Jenny Furse- Seven Secrets to Lasting Friendships
Beverly- The Wise Woman
Sara Hall- There’s One in Every Family
Alicia- A She-Shed in the Making
Hannah Forbes- 5 Steps for Apologizing when You’ve Wronged Someone
Made of Still- UNTETHERED
Katie- The Safest Place to Be
Natalie Cone- 8 Surprising Things I Learned During 6 Weeks Off Social Media
Sarah Ortega- A Mother’s Superpower: Knowing How to Say ‘NO’
Thank you, Ms. Bukola Larry for nominating me for the Barnabas Award. Bukola Larry a lifestyle and inspirational blogger. She writes about motherhood, self-care, faith, and life in Italy. She has the gift of encouragement. Kindly visit her wonderful blog. Here is one of her recent post on parenting- NEVER SAY THESE THINGS TO YOUR CHILDREN
The way this works: Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog. Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them. List five things about yourself. Lastly, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because is the number that signifies grace.
5 things about me
1. I enjoy sleeping. Please don’t wake me up while I am having a daytime nap, I may end up with a headache.
2. I enjoy talking politics,policies,and world issues. It has taken a lot of discipline not to discuss politics here.
3. I enjoy watching war movies, wrestling and documentaries. I am not a violent person. haa!
4. I am a lifelong learner. I have been going to school since the age of three and I will never stop.
5. I am an ambivert. A mixture of introverted and extroverted personality.
- Who in your life is your biggest encourager? My husband. My favorite critic and encourager.
- How do you see yourself as being an encouragement to others? I like to point out the best in everyone around me and encourage readers via this blog.
- When was the last time someone gave you words of encouragement? Today.
- When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on? Remembering God’s love and faithfulness in all situation keeps me going.
- Who was your greatest encourager when you first accepted Christ? I once had a Bible teacher who would call me every night just to teach me the word of God. I was not tired of his calls. He helped me grow in faith. I am still in touch with the Bible teacher.
My Five Nominees (No obligation to participate)
These men and women encourage me to be a better wife, mother, student, Christian, cook, and manage my finances well. Please visit their blogs. Interact with them and you would be glad you visited their blogs.
Kevin- Things My Parents Never Taught Me
Diane- In Dianes Kitchen
Dawn- Drawing Closer to Christ
Gift- Pene’ Pasta for the Soul
Sally- Theology of a Newfoundland Housewife
Same Questions To My Nominees
- Who in your life is your biggest encourager?
- How do you see yourself as being an encouragement to others?
- When was the last time someone gave you words of encouragement?
- When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on?
- Who was your greatest encourager when you first accepted Christ?
Thank you for nominating the Christian Mommas blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award and Barnabas Encouragement Awards. I apologize for responding late to your nominations. Unfortunately, I did not keep a good record of other nominations. So, I would like to apologize to those missing on the list. Your nominations are greatly appreciated. I plan to respond quarterly next year if nominated for blog awards.
Congratulations Temi! It was great reading your answers and learning more about you. I am an ambivert also. You have lived in some interesting places. Thank you for the nomination! 😊💕
Lol. I like that you are also an ambivert. My pleasure and Thank you too. ♥️
Congrats on your awards!! Loved your answers, and wow the countries you’ve lived in❤️😊
Thank you so much for the nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award as well!
I enjoy reading your posts and I’m thankful you’re a regular reader of mine also!❤️
Thank you. I lived in some places just briefly for work.
Ok that makes sense!!
Thank you Katie. Happy New year!💥💥💥🥳🥳
Thank you for the nomination. I am already preparing the response.
My pleasure. Thank you for responding.
Congrats on the awards! And thanks so much for nominating me! That was a nice surprise. Blessings to you and yours!
Thank you. My pleasure. You write hard truths we need to discuss in this age, particularly in the Church.
Congratulations on your award nomination and remain safe.
You must log in to post a comment.