I started working with The Borgen Project from the comfort of my home in November 2018. I am impressed by the strategies and successes of the organization in the fight against extreme poverty. The Borgen Project advocates for the provision of foreign aid to reduce extreme poverty in developing countries. They are particularly known for mobilizing American citizens and residents to call/email their congressional leaders to support bills that reduce global poverty.
As a Christian and mother, I can’t ignore families, women and children in poverty when I have the ability and opportunity to help. I am making a difference by volunteering as an HR intern, raising funds, increasing awareness about extreme poverty and supporting The Borgen Project.
Please join me in supporting The Borgen Project because:
● The Borgen Project support bills such as the “Keep Families Together Act“, “Protecting Girls’ Access to Education in Venerable Settings Act” and the “Women Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment Act“. Passing bills such as these into law goes a long way in saving the lives of moms, children and families living in life threatening environments and substandard living conditions.
● The Borgen Project is not requesting support of bills that violate your moral values. The organization advocates for global food security, increase in newborn, child and mother survival, the provision of access to clean water, sanitation and power in developing nations. Nothing controversial!
● The Bible says we should feed the poor and help those in trouble. (Isaiah 58:10)
● The organization provides an opportunity for you to change the lives of poor mothers and children in developing nations within 30 seconds to ONE minute.
● It is not right for us to ignore those in need when we have the ability to help. James 4:17 says “Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”
PS: I would like to use this opportunity to express my gratitude to everyone who has supported my fundraising campaign and advocacy for the support of various bills. I am grateful! https://borgenproject.org/temitope-fafore/